1. Unfinished Business
- Informational – ARPA Public Listening Flyer (above)
- Informational – GFOA Budget Award
Vote – Authorize CM to enter into licensing agreement with Lala Books
- C. Gitschier – Req. City Mgr. Have The Proper Department Repair The Brick Sidewalk Outside Tre-Monte On The Palmer Street Side For The Outside Seating Area.
- C. Gitschier/C. Robinson – Req. City Mgr. Set Up A Tour Of LeLacheur Park And The National Park For The City Council.
- C. Robinson – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Install A Stop Sign At The Intersection Of Christian Avenue And Methuen Street.
- C. Robinson – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Look At Installing A 4-Way Stop At Read Street And 5th Street Intersection.
- C. Robinson – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Look Into Changing Traffic Pattern For Side Streets Off Of Bridge Street From 2-Way To 1-Way.
- C. Robinson – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Look Into Installation Of Additional Lighting Along 1st Street.
- C. Robinson – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Provide A Plan To Remove “Widow Makers”, Dead Wood Along 1st Street.
- C. Robinson – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Provide A Report On What Services Our Animal Control Department Provide; Including, How Stray Animals Are Handled And If The Department Head Feels As If They Are Adequately Staffed.
- C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Install A Stop Sign At The Intersection Of Columbia And Wright Streets.
- C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. Have The Proper Department Investigate The Possibility Of Renovating The Lowell District Court For The Lowell Police Department.
- C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. Provide An Update Regarding The Hiring Of Traffic Engineer.
- C. Rourke/C. Scott – Req. City Mgr. Have The DPD Present The Council With An RFP For The Lease And/Or Sale Of LeLacheur Park
- C. Scott – Req. City Mgr. Have Appropriate Department Provide A Report About The Parking Placard Policy For Residents’ Homes; The Report Should Include What Is Needed To Apply For One, Where They Are Allowed In The City, Instructions For Their Placement And How They Are Enforced.
- C. Scott – Req. City Mgr. Have Appropriate Department Report On Pedestrian And Traffic Improvements To Be Implemented In Conjunction With The Pending Opening Of The New Home Depot Distribution Center On Woburn Street In Tewksbury.
- C. Scott – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Develop A Plan To Post Dates And Approximate Times On The City Website Of Any Blasting Activities That Will Happen Within Any Neighborhoods.
- C. Scott – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Look Into Installing A Stop Sign At The Exit From The VA Clinic At The Corner Of Cunningham And Marshall Roads.
- C. Scott – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Remove The Small Pedestrian Bridge On The Pond On Park Avenue Near The Pyne Arts School.
- C. Scott/C. Robinson – Req. City Mgr. Report On The Feasibility Of Developing And RFI For A Municipal Marketing Program; The RFI Should Include The Goal Of Identifying City Owned Assets Available For Sponsorship And Advertising To Bring In New City Revenues Using A Private/Public Partnership Model.
- C. Mercier – Req. City Mgr. Have Police Patrol The Area Surrounding Gorham, Central And Charles Streets; Especially In The Area Of Jerry’s Food Store And The Portuguese American Monument.
- C. Leahy – Req. City Mgr. Report On Status Of Filling Potholes Around The City Of Lowell.
- C. Leahy/C. Jenness – Req. City Mgr. Have DPW Look Into Sidewalk Condition On Palmer Street, In Front Of Tre-Monte Restaurant, And Come Back With Plan To Fix And Repair The Sidewalk.
- C. Leahy/M. Chau – Req. City Mgr. Work With Proper Department For Major Clean-Up Throughout The City.
2. Sub Committee Meeting
Report from Joint Sub Committee with LPS
3. New Motions
- C. Gitschier – Req. City Mgr. Have Human Resources Provide All New Employees With Entire W-4 Forms And An Explanation Of The Tax Deduction Process At Time Of Hire.
- C. Gitschier – Req. City Mgr. Update The Council On The Crosswalk Painting Throughout The City For Public Safety.
- C. Yem – Req. City Mgr. Have Representative From National Grid Provide An Update To The Council Regarding Their Plan To Erect A Permanent Fence At The National Grid Site At The Corner Of School And Rock Streets.
- C. Yem/C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. Direct Proper Department Raise The “Entering & Exiting” Sign On School Street Bridge For The Safety Of Children Walking To And From The Stoklosa Middle School.
- C. Nuon/C. Yem – Req. City Council Recognize April 17th As Cambodian Genocide Remembrance Day.
- C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. Have DPD Work With The CMAA And Cambodian Town Committee To Install Flags On The Utility Poles Along Middlesex Street.
- C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. List All Qualifications For All Department Heads On The City Website.
- C. Nuon – Req. City Mgr. Work With Proper Department To Come Up With A Plan For Bulky Item Disposal That Will Mitigate The Illegal Dumping That Continues Throughout The City.
- C. Nuon/C. Drinkwater – Req. City Mgr. Work With HR Department And City Solicitor To Provide The Following Information To The City Council: The Most Recently Completed Wage And Classification Study; The Salary Grid Establishing Tiers And Steps For Employees Not Covered By Collective Bargaining Agreements; And Any Movement Of Positions Within Salary Tiers That Occurred Within The Last Ten Fiscal Years.
- C. Drinkwater – Req. City Mgr. Direct The DPW To Coordinate With Youth Sports Leagues To Adjust Trash Pick-Up Schedules At City Parks To Account For Increased Usage Of Fields During Spring And Summer Sessions.
- C. Robinson – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Provide A Report On How To Speed Up Process In Dealing With Abandoned/Vacant Lots; Ie. Union Street, 33 Hildreth Street, Royal Street And Any Other Throughout The City.
- C. Mercier – Req. City Mgr. Have Parking Director Find Ways And Means To Change Two Paying Parking Meters In Front Of 13 Hurd Street (The Open Pantry) To Two Free 15 Minute Parking Meters For Clients Picking Up Food.
- C. Jenness – Req. City Mgr. Evaluate The Feasibility Of Creating A Centralized Communications Department To Improve Information Flow
- M. Chau – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Explore Installing A 4-Way Stop Sign At The Corner Of High And East Merrimack Streets.
- M. Chau – Req. City Mgr. Have Proper Department Place Highland Avenue And Powell Street On The Paving List.